Re: TR7 -- Why are LBC carbs so complicated?

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 -- Why are LBC carbs so complicated?
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:06:34 -0500
John,

I agree with most of what you say.  I was continually frustrated by the
managers/workers conflict in the 50s and 60s. But it is interesting to
compare the products of the USA with those of Britain.  What USA cars would
you stack against the Rolls Royce, Bristol, AC, XK120-150, Daimler, Alvis,
Lagonda, the Mini, etc?

At 06:51 PM 2/18/01 -0500, John T. Blair wrote:
>At 10:22 AM 2/18/01 -0700, John McEwen wrote:
>
> >The difference is engineering.  There were few if any professional
> >automotive engineers involved with the automobile industry in Britain
> >during the formative years, a situation which generally persisted until the
> >end of the automobile industry in Britain.....
>
>John,
>
>I tried to email you off-line but for some reason, my ISP wouldn't
>accept your email address.
>

>Excellent!!!  A great read.  Have you thought about writing a book?
>And the only major independents are still in the UK I think, Morgan,
>Marcos, and possibly TVR.
>
>John
>

>John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@exis.net
>Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229
>
>48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget  65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
>      75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire     71 Saab Sonett III
>
>Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
>Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

Regards
Barrie Robinson