Re: Just found this on rec.autos.misc

To: ajvander@sunnyboy.edaco.ingr.com
Subject: Re: Just found this on rec.autos.misc
From: Miq Millman <mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 18:26:05 PST
Ray Sparrowe sez:
> I had a 64 AH Sprite from 1969-71.  Bad memory: I'm driving with my (then)
[bad memory of poor sprite showing signs of neglect on long trip deleted]

[more bad stuff happening to little sprite]

> You want to resurrect one of these damned things?  Bury it!   Or,
> spend your time and money restoring something that is rewarding
> to own and drive -- like a TR4a, a big Healy, or even an early
> MGB.  Better yet, buy a Miata and have a sports car that actually
> runs!
>
> -- Ray Sparrowe

Alain van der Heide sez:
> A MIATA!?!?  AAAaaaargh!

It seems to me that Ray here was one of his own Dreaded Previous Owners.
Most of the items that failed could have been attributed to proper
maintenance of the car.  LBC's require a modicum more maintenance than a
toyota corrola or a miata, you have to accept that reguardless of the fact
that your car is a Sprite, a TR4, big Healey or early MBG.  I'd wager that if
any of these other cars had seen the same lack of care; would most likely
behave in a similar manner to his sprite.

Now Alain, what exactly is wrong with a Miata?  I know of at least two SOL
members that have one of these.  It is a fine little sports car updated to
90's technology.

--
Miq Millman   mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com   503 642 6139   (Aloha site)
AL4-55  Intel, 5200 NE Elam Young Parkway, Hillsboro, OR 97124-6497