Dash work

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash work
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 09:55:20 -0400 (EDT)
I'm pulling the dash on my TD this winter to recover it with new vinyl and
replace the chrome bead. I remember the tedious job of hooking up the
instruments to the new wiring harness last year, and devised a simple way of
remembering where all the wires go. Here it is:

I cut out cardboard replicas of the instruments and guages, and wrote the name
of the instrument on each. I then punched holes in each cutout to correspond
with the location of each wire that is connected to the guage. As I
disconnected the wires, I pushed the wire through the corresponding hole on the
cardboard. Presto! When I reassemble dash I don't need to refer to the wiring
diagram. Very elegant and easy, IMHO. YMMV.

Cheers,

                -Doug

* Doug Phillips (Douglas.W.Phillips@Williams.edu)/Williamstown, MA/ '52 MG TD *