re: B&B, Clubs

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: B&B, Clubs
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 12:31:00 -0500 (EST)
          There was a fellow in Warwick a little less than 10 years ago who
          was going to set up a business to rent MGB's, as this was near the
          time of the start of my honeymoon to ol' Blighty, I wrote him to
          arrange for a rental, he wrote back saying it was extremely
          expensive to get insurance, so expensive that no one would rent the
          cars and that he had dropped the idea. So I was stuck (and I do
          mean stuck) with a Metro. Great idea, though.

          As far as help on the road, the BMW Car Club of America (BMW CCA)
          publishes a glovebox-sized book called "Friends of BMW", which has
          names/phone numbers of those who volunteer to be listed, as help
          for wayward Bimmers, either tools, garage space, moral support,
          whatever. And, if you volunteer, you get the book for free. Do any
          of the national clubs offer anything like this? i.e. AMGBA, AMGBR,
          VTR, JCNA etc.

          Interesting thread on local clubs, always wondered if there would
          be any interest in a British car club in the Merrimac Valley region
          of MA/NH. There isn't anything formal that I know of, although I
          see quite a few LBC's in my neighborhood. Any interest?

          Colin  WA1KWA

          bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

          74 MGB
          73 BMW 3.0s