nirvana

To: jerry@tr2.com
Subject: nirvana
From: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 10:39:09 -0600 (CST)
Jerry,
        I certainly agree with what you say about older LBC's. I am
also in the process of rewiring my MGB. Problems on these cars tend
to be simple ones, in fact simpler than I had realized.  After the
usual problems with flickering lights and occasional gauges, I
started the rewiring process only to find that the old wiring was
still in GREAT shape except for the connectors.  If I had had my wits
about me, I would have given the plugs a light sanding and replaced
the female connectors and saved a lot of money.  Vicky Brit sells the
connectors for much less than a dollar apiece and somewhere I am sure
they could be purchased in bulk at a huge saving. So, I am keeping my
old, near-perfect wiring harness for my next (?) MGB.
        By the way, the coil on the series 1 MGB is on the splash
panel/inner fender(wing) near the generator/dynamo.
        Yours for a common language,
                Lew Dove