ATT: PgWiegman

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ATT: PgWiegman
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 11:39:27 -0500 (EST)
As a few netfolk with TR3s will no doubt tell you - give up all hope of ever
removing that spring bolt in tact. I do NOT know why one came out for you,
but consider yourself blessed.

For the other - forget heat, oil, prayer or anything. Those little buggers
are IN there for good. Cut off everything you can access (dhead, bolt etc.)
and then try to drive it out .

I even drilled a hole through one of mine and then blew a
flame through it with a torch. (remember where the gas tank is though !)

It's one of the nasty jobs on this car I'm afraid and there is nothing
you are missing or any little tehniques that pop it out. Go at it with
a wild vengance and replace the bolt/bush.

Wish I could tell you different.

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
75 Spitfire // 64 Healey 3000 Mk. III // 59 TR3A //66 BSA Thunderbolt