New addition to the family

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New addition to the family
From: Mike Gigante <mg@cgl.citri.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 14:56:54 +1100
Automotive family that is. I just bought a '72 MG midget parts car. It
had a Lucas fire that saw the car rear of the bulkhead completely
burnt out. Instruments, carpets, seats, tonneau have been subjected to
the ash conversion process. The diff, axle housing, axles, shocks etc
are all ok, but the panels are warped/rusted and the boot was smashed
by the tow truck. It had moderately serious rust in the usual places.
The chromework on the front is good, as is radiator etc.

Unfortunately it had a Datsun 1600 auto conversion, so I don't get an
engine and tranny :-(. There is enough salvagable to make it
worthwhile to acquire (brakes, A-arms, sway bar, oil cooler, diff, 1
pair of wire wheels, etc etc), but it is probably too far gone for a
restoration job.

The body has never taken a hit, so the floorpan may make a good
replacement for my racecar's (which once took a serious hit on the front
left corner).

Mike