Re: LBC B&B

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC B&B
From: island@whidbey.net (Judith Winter)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 1994 18:45:01 -0800
"Steven Semeraro, ATR, (202) 514-8374" <semerasx@justice.usdoj.gov> wrote:
>I've been playing around with an idea for a Bed & Breakfast
>designed to attract British Car buffs and their families.  The
>B&B would be fairly ordinary

kippers & scones,etc. ?

>except that it would include a twelve car stable of LBC's.

Like a dude ranch, on the "horses" have 4 wheels instead of 4 legs.

> This thing is at the dream
>stage, but it would be fun to hear what people think.

Insurance / Liability ?

>I view it as a family alternative to racing camp,

You don't have to want to race to want to drive a "sound" lbc.

>but some seem to think
>that outside of hard-core racing (Formula Ford, etc.), people
>wouldn't be interested in driving cars that weren't their own.

Unless they didn't have one (threee? twelve) of their own. People who
aren't [exclusively] racers would be interested in staying at B&B & driving
your lbc "around the countryside" for an afternoon. Rates would be combo
for room & car, variable depending on each.

>Any thoughts or ideas?

Advertising:  For what you spend to maintain your own, you can drive ours.

You're in D.C.-ish, right?  So, visitors would love to drive in
Delaware,and the hills/mountains to the west & south.  :)

Don't forget that the stable of lbc's will require a stable of mechanics.  :)

In connection,

Judith Winter
island@whidbey.net