Re: Beans Industries

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Beans Industries
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 11:41:07 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 23 Nov 1994, Roland Dudley wrote:

> > > By the way, I saw something called a Geo Storm on the A14 (nee A45) this
> > > morning - a rather neat looking two-door with a GM aspect. Anyone know
>what
> > > this might be? Being near Mildenhall, we get quite a lot of 'merkin
>traffic.
> >
> > It's a rebadged Isuzu Impulse.
> >
> > John R. Lupien
>

> It's my understanding that Geo is a joint venture between Toyota and
> GM.  The cars are built in a plant here in the south San Francisco Bay
> area.  Is there an Isuzu connection too?

You are talking about a different Geo, Roland.  I believe Geo is the
generic name GM adopted for all their rebadged imports.  Thus, the Geo
Prism is a Toyota Corolla clone built in CA.  The other Geos have
different parentage, and I would not be surprised if the Storm is indeed
an Isuzu.

The Storm is kind of cute, but I supect hyperbole.  In performance and
ability to quicken the driver's pulse, it is probably more like a quick
shower.  A quick shower *alone*.

Ray Gibbons