Beans Industries

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Beans Industries
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 09:28:04 GMT

I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but Beans Industries, with
factories at Tipton and Tamworth, have gone into receivership (i.e. bust).

Tamworth may ring a bell with some SOLs (Chris) - yes, it's Reliant we are
talking about, sometime makers of the very excellent Scimitar GTE and the
excruciating Robin. They are still turning out a steady 25 Robins a week
and, reportedly, five Scimitars. The latter is presumably the little SS
thingy, isn't it? It must have looked quite good on the drawing board, I
suppose.

By the way, I saw something called a Geo Storm on the A14 (nee A45) this
morning - a rather neat looking two-door with a GM aspect. Anyone know what
this might be? Being near Mildenhall, we get quite a lot of 'merkin traffic.

Paul.