miscellaneous media

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: miscellaneous media
From: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 08:38:25 -0600 (CST)
SOLs,
        I have seen "trouble in the glen". It's one of those
family-type movies in which a bedridden girl sees the world though
one window and a friendly American (Forest Tucker) gets involved in a
local dispute with the Lord of the Manor (Orson Welles).  It is
immediate post-WWII, and I think the MG is a TC, though I'm no
expert.
        Anyone seen "Where the Spies Are" in which David Niven drives
one beautiful Cord and lusts after (could David Niven lust?) another
Cord and gets sucked into being a spy again?
        Anyone see Collector Cars on PBS last week? There was a spot
on Listers; those were beautiful cars!
        One more thread; I would like to track down some of the
articles of Tom McCahill. He wrote some very entertaining stuff for
Mechanix Illustrated back in the late 40's through the 60's.  I don't
know how he did it, but he drove and reported on some pretty exotic
LBC's including Lea-Francis and HRG!
        Happy Thanksgiving to all!
                Lew Dove