What Time Is It?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: What Time Is It?
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 09:19:00 -0500
Scott,

I'm no mechanic. Everything I've been told and read
indicates that a warmed cam isn't going to idle smoothly
depending on intensity i.e. the warmer the rougher at idle.

A few years ago, a friend rebuilt an mga engine. He purchased
a Kent cam from one of the mail order houses. Just for shits
and grins, we put a dial indicator on this "new" cam before
sticking it in the engine/motor. The cam was trash! Seems
he found out that Kent cams are re-ground, or, at least
what he got was re-ground and a poor job of it.

How does this relate to you, you might ask? Well, perhaps the
cam you put in wasn't so good. Put a dial indicator on the valve
stems. Re-degree the cam. At this point, what have you to loose?

We'll stay tuned.

Alan