Towing

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Towing
From: Dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 94 08:54:28 EST
As the Front Range Buja posted:

>The drive back was mentally exhausting.  Scotty`s Jeep was just strong
>enough to do the job.  The fishtailing we experienced while gaining
>speed to make a hill was quite exciting.  But, we made it in one piece,
>unloaded the Daimler and then reloaded the VW back onto the little
>trailer.  It was one of those "easier said than done" things.  I was
>surprised how exhausted the whole exercise left me.  Next time, I`ll
>just pay the bucks for a flatbed tow truck so I`m not killing myself
>worrying about something going wrong.  We headed out to meet some
>friends downtown in Denver for beer and pool, only to be too tired to do
>much of either.

For this very reason, I pay the extra $2 every six months for the towing
option on my insurance.  I had to use it once on my 76 XJ6.  The towing
charge was $40.  That meant one tow paid for 10 years of towing premiums for
that car.  I have it on three of our four vehicles, the last has an extended
warranty good for another three years.  I also get to call the towing
company of my choice so I can call someone who I trust.

To quote Daren, Mark says check it out!
Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581