Re: Moss SU Carburator Video

To: desouza@garnet.berkeley.edu, meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
Subject: Re: Moss SU Carburator Video
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 07:25:02 -0600
> Paulo,
>       I have a copy.  Last time I saw it was a few years ago.  It was
> alright, but didn't cover anything more than the manuals.  You could find
> out just as much by reading the book.
>       I guess I was expecting great revalations to come to me when I
> watched the video.  I don't know why.  SU's aren't so exciting or
> complicated that a video is indespensible when rebuilding them, even for
> the first time.

Quite. When I first attempted to dismantle/reasemble and tune my carbs
(under the instructions of infamous Scott Fisher), I expected to
take them apart and watch 1000's of tiny pieces scatter across ny basement
floor and spend two months trying to reaseemble them, then pay somebody
else $200 to do it right....

It actuay took about 4 hours of careful cleaning and use of a rebuild kit
from VB, and they were like new. Theres nothing inside the little boogers!

Marcus