Midget trunion bushes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget trunion bushes
From: Anthony Shaughnessy <Anthony.Shaughnessy@isltd.insignia.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 12:49:16 GMT
Dennis <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU> wrote:
>I have a full set of urethane bushings for the suspension on the Midget.
>I was fitting them together in the relavent places.  They were a great
>fit in the A arms, but a really crappy fit in the upper trunion link.
>So what should I do??

Well, forgive me for jumping in with both feet here, as I don't know anything
about Midget trunions, or about your knowledge of bushes. Many of the suspension
bushes on
my car (caterham 7) are an interference fit. If you put the bush to the hole
and push you think "this thing's too big, it doesn't fit". Solution - use a
haydraulic press. Even a BIG vice won't do the job. These bushes have a steel
jacket round the rubber. The bushes without the steel jacket (just rubber) are
also tight, but can be pressed in using a vice and some washing up liquid as
a lubricant.

If none of this applies to your bushes, please feel free to ignore me.

Anthony Shaughnessy
tonys@isltd.insignia.com