Pullem & Yank... the rest of the story

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Pullem & Yank... the rest of the story
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 08:05:22 CST

        Fellow Defectives,

        Thanks for the advice on whether to leave the O.D. on the
        tranny for engine extraction. This past weekend we did the
        deed... Both engine and trans came out slick as you please,
        with the help of some friends, and excellent hoist (with
        tilting rig) and a bit of therapeutic ethanol... I'm happy
        to report there were no pinched fingers, or scratched paint
        in the bargain.

        Of course, now the fun begins... once I get the grime of the
        ages off the "boat anchor".

        I've found a machine shop in Streamwood IL who specializes in
        racing prep that will lighten the flywheel and balance both it
        the crank when I'm ready (rather my personal exchequer is ready)

                        Greg "Ihave not yet begun to pay..." Petrolati

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."