Wheel collision exp

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: Wheel collision exp
From: Paul Amaranth <amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 10:20:38 -0500 (EST)
OK, this is all very nice, but I really have to ask:
 What's the point in flaming me?

I provided an opinion based on my experience so other people would have
a data point to consider (with other factors) if they were faced with
a similar situation.  Telling me why you think I'm fat-headed in holding
that opinion is a waste of bandwidth.  You're not going to change my
mind and you may discourage other people from putting in their experiences.

If I had said only good things, nobody would have bothered to type a reply.

You have to take all of these anecdotes with a grain of salt
anyway.  I had a good experience with a local chrome shop as did one
friend of mine.  Another went to the same shop and they destroyed some
irreplaceable pieces for him (buffed them into transparency).  So
much for a recommendation.

Still, people screw up and it's the response to it that will determine
whether or not a business grows.  Maybe I'm just sensitive to it since
I have 11,000 customers at work and I run a service business on the
side.  If I told any of them to go away because it's all their fault
(even if it is), I'd never hear the end of it.

Finally, I have to say that that was really unexpected.  I can't remember
the last time somebody got flamed in this group.  Everybody is normally
much more civil than that.

--
Paul Amaranth  Manager User Services - office: (810) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
               (e-mail)     amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu     (Michigan)