Re: midget keys

To: Dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil
Subject: Re: midget keys
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 12:14:38 PST

On Mon, 14 Nov 1994 Dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil wrote:

> This post goes out all midgteers who have replacement keys for their cars.
> It will only apply to those with locking columns.  The key to mine was
> stolen (amoung other things) and I need to get a replacement.  The problem
> is, no locksmith claims to have books that go back that far for them to even
> have a blank to start from.  So, the question is, what blanks were used for

Sounds to me as if your local locksmiths aren't up to par! How old a
Midget are we talking about? Most of the major vendors have some (most?
almost all?) varieties of blanks available if your locksmith can't get
one. Do you by any chance have a record of the key/lock code number? That
would at least be enough for you to be able to buy the proper blank from
whomever; then your locksmith hopefully has the info to duplicate your
key by code.

I can't help you on specifics of what Midgets used what lock styles/key
blanks. Hopefully a fellow SOLer will have that info.

Good luck!

Andy Mace