Addco swaybars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Addco swaybars
From: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 1994 15:18:42 -0600 (CST)
Dennis,
        I'm sorry I lost your E-mail address.  I ordered an Addco
swaybar from J.C. Whitney for Nigel cudgel, my '65 MGB.  My car
wasn't fitted with a swaybar, but the threaded holes were there for
one. I just chased the threads with a suitable tap to clean them and
put the swaybar on with no problems. I didn't use WD-40 or any other
rust solvent because I used Loc-tite in the threads to be sure they
held properly.  Yes, all fittings were included (brackets, bushings,
and bolts). The bushings were red plastic; I assume they are
polyurethane, although I don't know that for sure.  I am a
conservative driver, and have had no trouble with the swaybar.
        I don't work for JCW, have no financial interest in it, am
not responsible for much of anything, etc. etc. etc.
                Lew Dove
                Dept. Biological Sciences
                Western Illinois University