Wanted: Lift-a-Dots

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanted: Lift-a-Dots
From: decvax!cg-atla.agfa.com!ahrendt@uucp-gw-2.pa.dec.com (Dave Ahrendt)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 94 15:11:32 -0500
Hi all,,

        What with reading about people looking for all kinds
of interesting parts for their lbc I feel kinda embarassed looking
for something this simple.

        Does anyone have a line on "double length" Lift-the-Dot studs?
These have a post that is about twice as high as a normal stud and
let you overlay two snaps.  My MG-TC should have a few of these to
hold down the carpet up under the dash.

        I've looked all over the place at all the British car meets this summer
with no luck. Neither Moss or Abingdon have them either.  BTW, these are
the ones with a machine screw base; not sheet metal or wood screw.

        Someone told me that he thought that Alpines used these to
hold down the top and tonneau cover but I don't know anyone with an
Alpine.  So, if you have any extra that you'd like to sell please
e-mail.

        Thanks, Dave