RE: Wheel Collision Center exp.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu
Subject: RE: Wheel Collision Center exp.
From: TVRVixen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 12:25:38 -0500
Paul Amaranth <amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu> complains about the service he
got getting his wheel repaired.  He says he got an estimate of $75 for the
repair ( I assume over the phone without actually seeing the wheel) and they
charged him $10 more than that.  Oh my god!!!!  It is interesting that at the
end of his note he exaggerates how much he spent on the repair by $15,
telling us he spent "nearly $100" when he really spent $85.

He also complains about a chip he now sees on the wheel. A chip he did not
see before and which he did not pay to have repaired, he did not want to pay
the $40 extra for "cosmetic repair". But he wants to complain about the cosmet
ics.

So to summarize:

1. He admits they did a good job of fixing the dent he paid to have fixed.

2. He is angry about spending an extra $10, even though they gave him an
estimate without seeing the dent.

3. He is angry about the fact that they didn't clean up the corrosion and a
chip in the paint, even though he didn't want to pay extra for the "cosmetic
repair".

And people wonder why it is so hard to find mechanics to work on their British
 cars.

Don