Jag 420G's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag 420G's
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 12:26:35 -0700 (MST)
Paul Garside notes....
{The 420G is quite a good car, with the E-type engine and rear suspension
{(widened). It will, however, never be worth a great deal. Massed-produced
{four-seater four-door saloons seldom are, and the 420G and the Mk X are not
{great favourites - I think they look like an oversized banana. There has
{been one for sale on the Internet for ages.

Yeah, no one wants these behemoths, you can't even give them away.  The
MK-X/420G's were the largest car Jaguar ever made - just shy of eight
feet wide!!!

But, the 420G's came with a tri-carb'd version of the 4.2L Jag straight
six.  And, once you cut the roof off, you get a grrrrrreat convertible
cruiser (see "Jaguar saloons: Grace, Space and Pace", pg43).

Now that would be a tow vehicle.

Don't laugh, I`m actually looking into doing this....

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________