Re:4 seat TD

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:4 seat TD
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 94 10:30:59 CST
   > On Mon, 7 Nov 1994, Stan Fickes wrote:
   >
   > > There may not be a 4-seat MGTD...
   >
   > There is; the so-called "Inskip TD".  These began life as a normal TD,
   > but were stretched here in the U.S. to acommodate a rear seat.

Regarding 4-seater roadsters: I have a friend with a shed full of
post-war Singers, some of which are 4 seaters.  They're pretty neat cars
with styling reminiscent of the classic MGs of the 40s and 50s.  As I
recall, they have a long stroke 1500cc engine and single downdraft carb.
The engine block alone is about 3 feet tall.  I think they had some sort
of pumpless convection cooling system too...  Interesting beasts.

Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu