The Perfect Tow Vehicle, Chapter 3 and something on Jags!

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: The Perfect Tow Vehicle, Chapter 3 and something on Jags!
From: Brian Willoughby <BAWILL01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 94 20:26:41 EST
Greg Meboe thinks that I have poluted these channels enough with my questions
concerning big, brutish American pick-ups.  Okay, I'll stop and get back on
course.  Anyone know anything about Jaguar 420G's?  I looked at one recently
and found it rather interesting for a big, brutish, british car.  I know that
it is essentially an updated version of the Mark X, though I am wondering
about how much one would be worth.  You see, it is priced rather cheaply and
is not currently running.  The body has only one rust spot in a rear wheel
arch and the interior is fastly becoming shabby as it is being stored out-of-
doors.  Its seems to be complete and with full restoration and a quality paint
job it would be a stunner again.  The big 4.2 six has approximately 80,000 mi.
on it.  At around $2000, does the car merit further attention or not?  Will

a restoration cost more than the car is worth?  I know, it's not an E-Type
though it is a Jaguar.  Oh, what about wires? The car has steel wheels though
it seems that they could be ordered with wires.  Yes or no?  See, I didn't
even mention an American pick-up since the beginning until now.  You guys
almost thought that I had lost my religion, didn't you?  Never!  God Save
The Queen!
Brian Willoughby
bawill01@ukcc.uky.edu