Distributor on 78MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor on 78MGB
From: dhobbs@arcom.com
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 16:55:50 -0800
Well, I really goofed this time.

I puilled my plugs so I could turn the crankshaft to set the valve
clearance.  When I put everything back together I car would not start.  I
am sure I replaced the plug wires wrong.

Can anyone give the the wiring layout for a 78MGB.  I know the firing
order is 1-4-3-2, but I have not been able to fine the 1 positon.

I would prefer to not find 1 by aligning the timing mark and pulling the
distributor cap.  The car is in my garage and the light is not that good.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Hobbs