Tow vehicle thread

To: Brian Willoughby <BAWILL01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Subject: Tow vehicle thread
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 13:01:34 -31802 (PST)

On Sat, 5 Nov 1994, Brian Willoughby wrote:

----- lots of FORD stuff deleted ------

> Brian Willoughby

What is this? the american Ford list? First it's Vo*vos, now Fords!  Come
on, let's stick to the program and play on the same team. blah, blah blah...

Oh on a related note, Dianne and I looked last night at a 1986 Ford
Bronco Eddie Bauer and would like the net opinion on how good they are.
It is in real nice shape, and has 139,000 mi.  I think we can get it for
$5000, so I am very tempeted.  Of course, astute readers will realize
that this will put a damper on my idea of making my Spit-6 into a
2.5 litre over Thanksgiving break, :-(  as we'll have to be pretty tight with
our cash for the rest of the schoolyear if we get this truck.

OBLIGATORY BRITCAR CONTENT:

        I also called my old boss to see if he has any good series III's
on the lot. (XJ-6 that is).  I figure that could be a good alternative to
the Bronco, and I might be able to squeeze one out of him for around the
same money.  However, I fully realize what a $5000 XJ-6 translates into
if we use the Scott Fisher theory of basket-case-cum-restored british car
financial investment.  He may have gotten in a Series III with no
interior, (theft job) so we'll see what that means.  Dianne wants a large
car that will be warm in the winter and cool in the summer.  I wonder if
she would mind sitting on milk crates for awhile?
        Since I worked in the support industry for these cars for a few
years, I know what headaches they can be, but something draws me still.
At least they didn't make a 4-seater TD, or I'd be in the same situation
as Will "quiz" Zehring.  Actually no, I think we're purchasing this car
to be somewhat more removed from the elements, and have a smooth ride,
according to She Who Must.
        I kinda want the Bronco myself.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6