Re: Any suggestions concerning the perfect tow vehicle?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any suggestions concerning the perfect tow vehicle?
From: harrold@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU (Dick Harrold)
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 08:33:24 -0500
Date:         Fri, 04 Nov 94 12:18:59 EST
From: Brian Willoughby <BAWILL01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>

Fellow SOL addicts:  I've been considering what I should get to haul about
my cars when I finish grad. school.  I'm heavily considering a Ford F-250

===== clip here =====

Brian  -  I pull an 800 pound trailer with a 2,000 pound Model T Ford on it
all over the place using an '88 Aerostar with a six up front.  I don't
travel the mountains and wouldn't recommend this rig for that, but it gets
me to meets and back.  I take extra time and don't push it - just move
along at the speed limit letting the van find its way.  Since I use the van
mostly for travel to and from work, woodworking projects and to take on Boy
Scout trips, I'm not interested in getting myself tied down with some
lummox of a truck just to pull my old cars around a few times a year.

If you make long trips, travel in the mountains and do this frequently, go
head and find a muscle truck, but I really can't justify it for myself.  If
you're not willing to let others pass you as you are getting away from a
stop, or you want power for any situation, this definitely is not the
combination you want.  It isn't ideal but it does get the job done and on a
budget.  Actually, I'd rather spend the extra money it would cost to get a
"big rig" on my old cars.  All I'm saying is, I don't think it is necessary
to get the biggest and best just for an occasional weekend trip to the
outback.

I drive my other cars (including my LBC) to meets, on holiday and around
town.  The "T" is just too old and too slow for modern traffic.

Dick

Dick Harrold
HARROLD@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU
Integrated Technologies
Indiana University at Indianapolis (IUPUI)