Any suggestions concerning the perfect tow vehicle?

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Any suggestions concerning the perfect tow vehicle?
From: Brian Willoughby <BAWILL01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 94 12:18:59 EST
Fellow SOL addicts:  I've been considering what I should get to haul about
my cars when I finish grad. school.  I'm heavily considering a Ford F-250
Diesel with four-wheel-drive.  I own a Land-Rover as many of you have found
out from my previous postings to the list, and therefore feel that I must have
4WD.  I feel that a 2WD truck is rather useless.  Besides, I once looked at
a Jaguar that would have required a 4WD of some type to pull it out of where
it was resting.  I'm less convinced that I want a diesel.  I like the torque
and economy though hate the lack of horsepower.  The only gas-burner I would
consider is a 460, so there goes any semblance of saving fossil fuel.  I am
rather indifferent in regards to the Chevrolet/GMC's and think that the Dodge's
are overpriced due to their current popularity.  I know that this subject may

not belong here, though I would appreciate your comments on the matter.  If I
drove the cars rather than towing them, I would have to travel through some
areas where they have never even heard of England, much less the cars made
there.  Hence, I feel better having the cars safely in tow.  Thanks.
Brian Willoughby
bawill01@ukcc.uky.edu