Healey Trafficator

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Trafficator
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 1994 20:39:34 -0500
Question for Healey owners:

The turn signals on my 3000 MkII do not cancel.  On examination,
I discovered that one problem is that portion of the long stator
tube  which slides into the short tube on the back of the trafficator
(I have an adjustable steering column) has broken off.  Healey
Surgeons ( the only place which lists this part) want $50 for
a new one.  That price strikes me as a bit high since the
part appears to be nothing more than a 6 foot piece of 3/8 " o.d.
steel tubing with a slot cut into the top end.  Am I missing
something?  Any ideas where I can get this kind of material?

The second issue, of course, is to determine why the original
part broke.  Is cancelation plate supposed to rotate freely
and easily with respect to the horn button?  Mine is very tight
which could account for the broken stator tube.  If mine is too
tight, how do I loosen it?

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks
Peter Schauss