Re: British Cars Digest #1434...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1434...
From: Sandi4JH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 1994 19:44:04 -0500
To Anthony Case--re: info on Jensen-Healeys--They are the best deal in your
sports car budget! I have four of the and at least one of all the other
Healeys. The J-Healey is still my favorite. The Lotus motor is wonderful for
a four banger and can be tweaked in all kinds of ways to get even more out of
it. The car is perfectly balanced and handles very well in stock form. You
should definitely join the Association of Jensen Owners (I am the editor)
(send me a mailing address and I'll send you some membership info) and learn
who the other owners are and get a good mag with lots of info and
classifieds. It would help you find a good car and maintain it. Look for rust
under the floor mats--typically a bad place. Best to get a CA body if
possible and East Coast engine. The best year is 1974. They have light
bumpers and good motors, the most power and least weight. '741/2 is ok, but
'75 has more smog stuff--you don't want that. Also they are heavier by about
300lbs. '73s had some oiling problems, which is why the car initially got a
bad rap. By '74, they were fixed, but nobody bothered to mention that. Go
find one. You will enjoy it if you like to DRIVE. It's a driver's car. Lotus
motors are often hard to find a mechanic for who knows what they are doing.
It helps if you can work on the car yourself. That are also expensive engines
on parts. Try to get one that is running if possible so you don't have to
rebuild it right away.
Sandi Baker, Editor AJO, Pres, AH Club, Pacific Centre