"Super" Duct Tape

To: "'SMTP:british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Super" Duct Tape
From: mike_israel@Merck.Com (Mike Israel)
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 94 09:56:00 EST
A while back there was a discussion of a super-strength tape similar to duct
tape.  Apparently the stuff is common in the UK but not readily available in
the U.S..   I just received a catalog from a sporting goods store which
advertises a tape which sounds very similar to what some folks were looking
for.

They claim it is called 100 m.p.h.. tape because it is used by the military
to repair bullet holes in airplanes (could happen!).  It has an adhesion
rating of 55 ozs. per inch and a 10% stretch.  They claim it can be used to
hold bumpers, repair mufflers, etc.  It looks like duct tape although it is
significantly more expensive.  A 2-inch wide 180 inch role is $7.47 or two
rolls for $13.97.

If anyone is interested the telephone number is 1-800-888-3006.  The tape's
part number is L4-1372 or L41-455 for the two pack.  I am not affiliated
with this company and have never even ordered from them so I can not vouch
for them.  The catalog claims they do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
The company's name is "The Sportsman's Guide" and they are located in St.
Paul, MN.

Regards,

                    mike_israel@merck.com