Re: Oil pressure drop in corners

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil pressure drop in corners
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 14:50:23 +0000
Brian:

I have the same kind of problem on my 73 B.  Seven Enterprises (and
others, I assume) sells a baffled oil pan to reduce this... the oil
is pooling up on one side.

The other factor could be a clogged strainer.  If the strainer is clogged
on one side it might cause more of a pressure drop in left hand versus
right hand turns, or an INcrease in oil pressure in turns (yes, I have
seen this.  Don't put CD-2 in your B!)

I envy your 70 lb/in2 normal pressure.  I've got 35 or so hot until the
rebuild in January (sigh).  I bet there is always SOME drop in pressure
in turns, though.

John M. Trindle     | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB E Stock     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock