Oil pressure drops on turns

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pressure drops on turns
From: "Brian - bcrulifs@eos.ncsu.edu" <bcrulifs@eos.ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 94 00:27:04 EST
        I've noticed this phenominon with my 73 MGB recently where on hard
corners the oil pressure will drop to about 20psi and stay there for
about 5 seconds.  The oil pan has the full amount of oil (it happens
with oil levels anywhere from max to min on the dipstick).
        It's quite annoying to be throwing her through some corners, and just
as we're about to accellerate off again, I look down and see the oil
pressure gauge reading 20! (It stays at about 70 during normal times).
        Can anyone explain or diagnose what's wrong?  Thanks in advance.
Brian