SOL goes to church

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SOL goes to church
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 94 10:55:51 EST
While sitting in church yesterday morning, my mind was wandering
about many subjects, most of them not related to the service
at hand.  One line in a hymm caught my attention:

        ...truth to TRIUMPH through us...     (emphasis mine)

Well, that set off thoughts on other tangents.  Sunny?  Maybe a
ride this afternoon?  Repairs?  The brake pads in the box?  etc, etc.
But then the next line of the song came along...

        The Prince of Darkness grim, we tremble not for him,
        his rage we can endure...

Woops!  I think the hymm is older than any of the cars we drive,
but it sure seems to carry a hidden agenda most of the folks in
the service didn't think of.

Cheers!
Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com