GT6 finsihed...and more little things

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 finsihed...and more little things
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 09:42:24 -0600
GT6:
(1) I set the timing to 7deg BTDC, and she runs cooler and has better power. I
flushed the sytem, and put in the proper heat range of plugs. Thansk for
all the hints everybody.

(2) i had the dash out in anout an hour, and refinished it over the weekend.
I did it a nice mahogany....I toyed with having that original real yellowy
appearance, but a friend had a TR6 which he did the same too. Anyway,
it came out beautifully, and I reinstalled it on Sunday...very very nice.

(3) Now, the temp. and the fuel guage both read very very low!!!! (As opposed to
reading high before I tyook the dash out). I was VERY careful in connecting
grounds and wires correctly. Me thinks it is the voltage stabilzer on the
back of the speedo? Is there anyway to test this part?

(4) Replaced the front wheel bearings...got rid of the nasty rumble when
coasting in neutral!

Friends 78 Midget:
Still misfiring...now itr won't start. I suspected coil and replaced..zilch.
I put the old coil back in, jiggled some wires in coming from the dizzy...
She fired right up! On careful examination, the CEI Lucas ignition has
been replaced with a Lumination system. Does anybody have a wiring diagram
for both the original Lucas system and the Lumination system? I have neither.
My fax number is 217 373 4421. Would really appreciate it!

Marcus