more started woes

To: SOLers <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: more started woes
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 11:00:06 -0500 (EST)
Dear SOLers,
When every thing runs fine there's no reason to argue, but sometimes it's
just wicked (must be this date?).

Can anybody tell me what might be going on in my '71 Midget? When I turn
the ignition key too fast to start then I just hear a short noise and the
power is gone. All dead. After some minutes it comes back to life and I
can try it again, but of course I try it _slowly_. Besides I usually let the
fuel pump pump up some gas before starting the very first time.

If I open the fuse box after this ugly blackout and play with the fuses a
bit the power comes back earlier. All fuses seem fine. I can try to start
again.

Thanks for any clues!

        Gus

Agustin de la Calle                     '71 MG Midget (red)
Boston, MA                              '88 Toyota 4Runner (V6)
delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu
                                        work: (617) 632-4754
                                        fax:  (617) 632-4393
                                        home: (617) 522-8471