Re: Stereotypes & Spit camber

To: Douglas Mitchell <doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com>
Subject: Re: Stereotypes & Spit camber
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 12:45:51 -31702 (PDT)
Doug,
        I put a rear sway bar on my spit.  It certainly helps the tucking
problem.   However, at all but the lowest speeds, the rear sway
inhibition is too much and wheel lift becomes a problem.  So unless I'm
doing an autocross weekend, I leave the swaybar chassis mounts off; that
leaves me the anti-tuck behavior, but removes the anti-sway behavior.
The whole rear end of that car is a cheezy setup that I'm going to
replace with unequal length A-arms and CV jointed half shafts, just as
soon as I graduate and can get back to my shop in Seattle.

                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University, Pullman Wa.
                            '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6