TRs, gear oils, Regionals

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRs, gear oils, Regionals
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 11:28:19 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(TRs, gear oils, Regionals) File(APR29945.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 04-29-1994 .. 09:40:08

>Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 22:16:34 -0500
>From: James TenCate <jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
>Subject: TRs, gear oils, Regionals
>

>I've been toying with this idea for some time now and I think it's
>time to ask for some net.wisdom.  (Who knows, you may get to see your
>name in a future issue of The Vintage Triumph :-)
>Subject?  Gear oils for Triumph trannys, original and the new synthetics.
>What works, what won't.

My TR-3 uses standard ol' 90W Hypoid gear oil. (At least that
is what I use) I can't remember what the exact Britishism was
for this stuff but I do have the original shop manuals at home
and there is a table listing the lubricant types by
manufactuer. I could look it up.

I did put some of that Slik 50 stuff in a while back
but I generally don't try anything fancy (read expensive)
in the TR cause it all leaks out anyway :-)

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!