Re: Jag for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jag for sale
From: lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 11:14:06 CDT
Will Zehring's post bout selling his Jag reminded me of
my drive home yesterday.  I spotted a red, E-type roadster
ahead when I pulled onto the highway; we passed and
re-passed each other for several miles, and i was
surprised to see him follow me off the exit ramp.
At the next stop light, I got a chance to look
it over, and it looked really sharp.  He then
followed me through a couple of turns and we
ended sisde by side at another light, and had hte
following conversation (I'd noticed the dealer
plates on his car):

Me: Are you buying or selling?
Him: Selling.
Me: Oh, how much are you asking?
Him: Well, I just finished putting it together and
I've got seven or eight others, so I thought I'd
sell this one.  I'd like to get 67 for it.
Me: Wow!

We talked a bit more before the light changed, but
that was the gist of it.  Have prices for E-type
roadsters really gotten that high, or is he just
way out of line?  I'll admit that it was a very
pretty car, with wire wheels and the covered
headlights that I'm especially partial to, but
still $67K?

John