MGA and more questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA and more questions
From: Lin Sharpe <sharpe@iglou.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 1994 22:32:01 -0400 (EDT)
OK, here goes..
I'm doing a frame off restoration of a 1500 MGA. What is the best way to
deal with the doors. They have rather rusty steel and the "dipper guy"
said he can't dip AL and Steel in the same vat..

Are there any special problems to be aware of when patching the A frame
on the passenger side foot well frame member?

What's your fav. material for floor boards .. I know wood . but which kind?

Where are the holes for the windshield wiper fluid nozzles located?

How were the A bodies painted? I can't seem to get in all the spots in
the trunk.. It's like the parts were painted first then assembled but I
couldn't imagine them going to all that trouble.

Are there people near KY that repair the old tube radios? I've got one
that it looks like the spiders decided to setup camp inside..

My rockers are shot.. i.e. after they were dipped, they were gone.  I
need to know if I should go ahead and buy the pillar-rocker set from moss
($$$) or get someone to build me that inner rocker box.

I'm going to eventually buy an austin-healy.  I'm looking for one in very
sorry shape.  No greater than $2000-3000 in value. One that I can get to
after a couple of years after I get my MG done (and eventually start
racing it).  Criteria: Must be straight. Would like one that hasn't been
modified -- I don't want to find a Pinto part in it, I'm having enough
problems with B pieces floating around my A as it is.  I'm biased towards
the early (side curtains) 6cyl, but not too picky,

Finally, friend of mine is going to England Wed., he's looking for a
rhd Datsun 1200 steering box.  Supposedly, it's rather similiar to a
TC's.  Quick replies on this component will be greatly appreciated.

have a nice day (or is it night over there?)
Lin Sharpe
sharpe@igloo.com