Re: Oil Filter Conversions

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Conversions
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 10:09:41 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Re:  Oil Filter Conversions) File(APR26942.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 04-26-1994 .. 09:29:10

>Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 8:29:50 EDT
>From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
>Subject: Re:  Oil Filter Conversions
>

>> With regard to the spin on filter kit conversion:
>>
>> P.S.  Finding spin-on elements is a lot less hassle-free--  an added
>> bonus.
>>
>How does one know WHICH spin-on element to look for?  Does the
>kit come with instructions to "buy a filter for a '67 bargemobile"
>or something?

BY all means get one! They are great. I never changed the
filter before I got an adapter cause it was WAY HARD!!!

Now its easy.   My adapter came with a sheet that said get an
AC-64 (I think). At the auto parts store its easy to find
a cross ref. to other brands.

The important thing is that the physical size is right. You could
get a filter with the same screw threads and diamiter but is
longer.

One benifit I found with the TR3 is that the filters have some sort of
valve in them to keep the oil from "running out" while the engine is off.
Since the filter is almost horizontal on the TR this keeps more oil
in the system for quicer pressure on startup.

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!