Re: Correct colour

To: garyb@iotek.ns.ca (Gary Burrell) (Gary Burrell)
Subject: Re: Correct colour
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 14:30:25 PDT

> Quick question re correct colour of late model MGB engine block.  A friend
> of mine runs a garage and is presently rebuilding an engine for a 1978 MGB.
> This is not the original engine so the question of what colour should it be
> painted came up.  I have a 1968 MGB and the engine in that is maroon.  But I
> have seen both orange and black, so what is the correct colour for 1978.

This question (in general) has always puzzled me.  Whenever I see a
bunch of Shelby Mustangs lined up with their hoods up, every one has
its restored engine painted the "proper Ford Engine Blue".  I've seen
the same thing for Cobras and various other cars.

I've owned lots of cars in the nearly 40 years I've been driving, a good
many of them new, and not one of them had anything but a bare cast iron
engine, including my snake.  What gives here.  Did only selected cars
come with painted engines, or have I just been having incredible bad
luck all these years?

Roland