Re: valve adjust & '66 Spridget

To: DSTONE@sc9.intel.com (Daren Stone D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6 5-9521)
Subject: Re: valve adjust & '66 Spridget
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 15:30:53 -0500 (CDT)
Daren Stone writes >

>      Marcus writes:

> Sprite (1966? first of the 'new' shape after the bugeye),
>       Newer 10CC# motor.
>
>      >>Oops, should be a 1275.

Oops, yourself, Daren.  My 1966 had a 1275, but it didn't leave Abingdon
that way.  The 1966 had a take-away top and 1098 engine.  By "newer" Marc
may mean that it has the larger journals.  That should be correct.

Unless, of course you meant it "should" have a 1275 that had been brought
in from elsewhere because it is a better engine.  THAT I would agree with!

>      >>I'm guilty of TBC (typing before coffee), and I
>      cannot remember whether or not the '74 had the 1275 or
>      the 1500,

1275.  Round arch, chrome bumper.
'75 started the Spitfidget, with the 1500, square arch, rubber bumper.

>      but even so, *all* of the suspension & body
>      panels will swap over.

No, the cockpit is bigger on the '75, and the '66 had square arches.  The
top hardware won't swap.