Re: Roland's Sprite, er, MGB

To: DSTONE@sc9.intel.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roland's Sprite, er, MGB
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 09:56:19 -0700
In message <9404221602.utk27120@SC9.intel.com> "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6,
5-9521" writes:
>      On the subject of mis-identifying our beloved LBCs;
>
>      When I had my Sunbeam I had someone ask me if Sunbeam
>      was in fact made by Buick, and once I had a service
>      station attendant climb down on his hands & knees &
>      look under the back end to see if it was "one a them VW
>      kit cars". Ahem.
>
>                -daren

If memory serves me, Sunbeam was purchased by Crysler in the late sixties.  The
Tiger died because Crysler did not have a V8 small enough to fit and they did
not want to continue selling cars powered by Ford.

TeriAnn Wakeman                    Spell checker by Lucas
twakeman@apple.com
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344          TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561