RE: Manifold Woes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Manifold Woes
From: marrone@optilink.dsccc.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 09:15:45 PDT
I tried to send this to Robert directly but it bounced.

Robert,
Having just removed my Tiger engine for the first
time I can appreciate your reluctance to remove the
engine again!  I have an Idea for you tho...
Try remove the frame mounts from the car, you should
find that you can drop the front of the engine a few inches
and possibly enough to allow you to get to the manifold
bolts.  The mounts are easy to unbolt from the frame
and do not even require front wheel removal to do so.  You may
need to slacken the tranny mount bolts or maybe even remove
the mount and of course don't forget to support the engine
and tranny before removing the mounts.  DO NOT ALLOW ANY EFFECTIVE
MOMENT TO BE APPLIED TO THE TRANNY TAIL HOUSING AS I HAVE RECENTLY
HEARD A VERY SAD STORY CONCERNING SNAPPING OFF THAT END OF THE
TOPLOADER TRANSMISSION!  I don't think I would use the vac
idea since I think you could not be sure to get all the metal
bits that way. Good luck!

Frank Marrone at marrone@optilink.dsccc.com