Re: Sprite Mk II config.sys

To: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@sc9.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite Mk II config.sys
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 13:10:56 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 21 Apr 1994, Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521 wrote:

>      Marcus Tooze writes:
>
> On another lbc note....a few weeks a go I took a look at an Austin Healey
> Sprite (1966? first of the 'new' shape after the bugeye),
>
>       Newer 10CC# motor.
>
>      >>Oops, should be a 1275.

If it has side curtains, it's a Mark II, otherwise it is a Mark III-IV.
The Mark II carried over the 948, then they went to the 1098 (10 CG &
10CC), then finally to the 1275.  The only reference I have to hand is the
VB catalog (in case I get an irresistable impulse to spend money).  It
says the 10CG 1098 engine would be correct on a late Mark II Sprite, but
the 10CC engine would be ca. 65 vintage (Mark III).

>      panels will swap over. And wires as in wire wheels ?
>      for under $200 ? Glad it's not close enough for me to
>      grab it ... :-)

I would too.  It *is* a sickness.  There was a 66 Midget in the paper last
week for $500 and I made a point of *not* going to look at it.  I would
want to take it in, like some people collect stray dogs.

Ray
<gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>