RE: re: valve adjustements - duh....take the plugs out

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: RE: re: valve adjustements - duh....take the plugs out
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 08:33:44 PDT
     Marcus writes:

On another lbc note....a few weeks a go I took a look at an Austin Healey
Sprite (1966? first of the 'new' shape after the bugeye),

      >>Um, not quite (if I understand what you're saying).
     1962 was the first year of the "new" Sprite shape, and
     was called a MkII. Bugeye doors, dashboard &
     windscreen, but all other bodywork was new.

      Newer 10CC# motor.

     >>Oops, should be a 1275.

I offered her $50 (cheeky I know...but I offered what it was worth to me)
...but she said she was hoping for a little more. I guess it
could be had easily for under the $200 mark. This is an excellent parts car!
I don't need it....not enough of the parts I want will swap over to my '74.

     >>I'm guilty of TBC (typing before coffee), and I
     cannot remember whether or not the '74 had the 1275 or
     the 1500, but even so, *all* of the suspension & body
     panels will swap over. And wires as in wire wheels ?
     for under $200 ? Glad it's not close enough for me to
     grab it ... :-)

Oh yeah....it's in Champaign, 120 miles south of Chicago IL.

     >>cheers-
            daren