re: valve adjustements - duh....take the plugs out

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: valve adjustements - duh....take the plugs out
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 08:04:38 CDT
The subject line says it all really.

On another lbc note....a few weeks a go I took a look at an Austin Healey
Sprite (1966? first of the 'new' shape after the bugeye),
that was for sale - I forgot. It looked solid from underneath,
one small hole in the drivers pan...no other frame rust etc. Panels had
the usual rot...rear quarter..front arch...door pillar, but otherwise good.
The woman said they ran it a few times, but it was totally dead when I saw
it. Carbs needed rebuilding. Brakes leaked at seals. Wires. Looked complete
though. Newer 10CC# motor. Gross cyan color interior (new carpet set included)
and gross metallic navy blue (looks original though, I thought Midgets
didn't get metallics?) and some country and western fan put those
disgusting curly type decals on the rear quarter panels and the trunk lid....
bletch!!

I offered her $50 (cheeky I know...but I offered what it was worth to me)
...but she said she was hoping for a little more. I guess it
could be had easily for under the $200 mark. This is an excellent parts car!
I don't need it....not enough of the parts I want will swap over to my '74.

Oh yeah....it's in Champaign, 120 miles south of Chicago IL.

Marcus

I have no connection with this woman, etc. etc. etc.