Re: SOL Regalia

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SOL Regalia
From: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 94 08:46:51 PDT
(I've been doing some behind-the-scenes work on the SOL logo and GIFs, so
 I've been suspiciously quiet.  Well, that's over with now.  ;^)

Christopher Ball asks:
> <Did anyone order mugs or shirts from the firm that had the
> SOL graphics on file ? How did it work out? Any feedback?>

Yes, MANY items were ordered by people from all over the world.  And
aside from a few problems with UPS outside of the US, things seemed
to work out pretty well.

Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com> adds:

> I know a number of people on the list did order SOL trinkets last
> summer, but I may have bad news for those who didn't:  When I spoke to
> Image Graphics on the phone last week, they told me that they don't keep
> images on file after the order is complete.  (Although maybe someone
> made special arrangements in the case of the SOL logo?)

Well, I had made special arrangements with Paul Spears of Image Graphics,
but I hadn't checked with him recently to see if they really did keep the
images around.  No matter anyway, I just uploaded some new image files to
their BBS that take care of an, um, ... embarrassing little problem with the
old images (don't ask!) ...  Anyway, Image Graphics now has fresh, updated
images on file and the British flag is definately *not* *backwards!*  (Sigh.)

Christopher Ball again:

> Well, further on the SOL logo topic I downloaded the sol-logo-fixed.gif
> file yesterday and took it to a place that does t-shirt and mugs from a
> little computer stall in the local mall. It looks great. He loaded it up
> right from diskette and popped one off while I waited.
>
> I hope that's the correct/current logo - there were several other files.

That seems like a pretty reasonable alternative.  However, the GIF images
on triumph.cs.utah.edu are actually quite old, and are not quite the same
quality as the "official" (as official as we get on this list anyway! ;^)
SOL Logo.  So I uploaded a brand new, VGA sized GIF of the official SOL Logo
to triumph, the file is

                        sol-logo-image.gif

(Note that the letters "SOL" on this image tend to look very lime-greenish on
 your computer screen, but come out very British-Racing-Greenish on the items
 from Image Graphics.)

Enjoy.

(Note to mjb:  The "old" sol-logo images should probably be deleted to avoid
 further confusion.)

If anyone would like to order any items at this time, contact Paul Spears
directly at:

        Image Graphics, Inc.
        201 S. Three Notch Street, Suite 11
        Andalusia, AL 36420
        (205) 222-4166 or (205) 222-1010
        Fax/BBS (205) 222-6586

Ask him for a catalog.  Tell him it's for the SOL group.

When ordering, you'll need to specify the name of the image file for the item
on the order form.  For small items (mugs, breast pocket logos, baseball caps)
the image file is "sol3x4b.cdr".  For large items (shirts, jackets, mouse pads)
the image file is "sol8x10b.cdr".

I have no relationship, financial or otherwise, with Image Graphics, Inc.
They do good work.  Use them if you like, or not.  I don't care either way.

   Pat Vilbrandt      Fluke Corporation      Everett, Washington USA
   pwv@tc.fluke.COM or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv