1987 Range Rover oil leak

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1987 Range Rover oil leak
From: "Paul C. Zurkowski" <pczurkow@cbda9.apgea.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 10:49:06 EDT
Vehicle: 1987 Range Rover,  107,000 miles
Problem: Oil is leaking in the area of the intake manifold gasket,
         and pooling on the pan section of the gasket between the
         heads.  The oil then runs off the back of the block.
         The oil may be a mix of fluids but appears to have a
         uniform consistency.  I have tightened the valve covers
         and retorqued the fore and aft manifold gasket clamps
         but that has had little effect.
Request: Any information or similar experiences. Is this a common
         problem with this engine considering the mileage? I would like
         to get a good handle on the problem before I pull the fuel
         system and manifold off, if required.
Thanks

Zurk
1987 Range Rover / 1966 Mini Copper S (Radford)
pczurkow@cbdcom.apgea.army.mil
410-671-5404